1. The Donvier Ice Cream Maker:
This ice cream maker is pretty good, I have used it multiple times and it has produced some good ice cream! There is the inner freezer bowl that would need to have been in the freezer for a day or two before using it to make sure it is cold enough that the ice cream will actually form. Then when you are ready to make ice cream you would need to place the freezer bowl into the outter white container, pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, place the turning blade into the freezer bowl and place the lip on and the turning handle. You need to turn the handle every couple minutes till the ice cream is at the desired consistency, and it can get pretty tough to turn once the ice cream begins to freeze to the sides.
- Very portable since it does not need to be plugged into an outlet
- Very intuitive
- If you don't remember to turn it for a while it can freeze to the sides and be almost impossible to turn after (which can wreck your ice cream if it can't be turned, or if you struggle with it too much you can break the handle)
2. The Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
This is the ice cream maker that I have at home. It is very good and easy to use. This one does not need to be turned by hand, just plug it into the wall, turn it on and let it go! This one also has a freezer bowl that needs to be in the freezer before making ice cream. I find the easiest way to go about it is to just put it into your freezer after you wash it, that way you don't need to plan ahead when to put it into the freezer. I always just have the freezer bowl in my freezer for when I have ice cream cravings. You place the freezer bowl onto the base of the machine, put in the turning blade, then place the clear plastic cover over it. Turn it on and pour your ice cream mixture in the top opening of the clear cover.
- It turns on it's own so you can do other things while the ice cream is being made
- Makes the ice cream have a very nice consistency because of the constant stirring
- It is fairly loud
I have never used this ice cream maker before but I would love to try!! Apparently all you need to do to make the ice cream with this is to just throw it around. LOL! Feel like playing ball and then eating ice cream?! No problem!! This would be perfect.
- So much fun!
- If you'r not in the mood to have to throw it around in order to make ice cream then it may be a hassel
4. Ziplock bags
If you are not someone who thinks they'll be making ice cream all the time or if buying a machine is not an option then this method is perfect! All you need is two ziplock bags, a big one and a smaller one, ice, and a good ice cream mixture. You put your ice cream mixture into the smaller bag, fill half of the bigger bag with ice, then place the smaller bag into the bigger bag with ice and shake!! BAM! you have ice cream!
- Saves money not buying a machine
- No dishes!
- Harder to make a lot of ice cream